Saturday, November 8, 2008

*And I Think to Myself*

What a wonderful world! Etc. etc.

Random Louis Armstrong singing in my head. In any case, nothing much occurred today in the life of me. The sun must have risen at some point set at some point, but I only left the room for an hourish in the evening to get a hamburger because I was feeling rather protein deficient. Probably because I didn't have any sort of meat all week. It can do strange things to you, you know, if you don't either have meat, or fish, other fleshyness, without filling the void with nuts or... other proteiny non-fleshies. I am the paragon of scientists, as you can plainly see, and a brilliant writer to boot. I must go throw my typewriter from a cliff now and burn my abacus.

I have found some walking tours for decently cheap-ish (not really, but you know, I'm trying to be chipper and bad prices just do not support a chipper demeanor) around the Tokyo area. I am thinking that I will book two for the weekend after next, which is a three-day sort of break, and go to Yanaka and Tokyo Tower or Odaiba. There's also a tour at the fish market, which sounds lovely, except that you have to take this sushi-making class and I just want to eat the damn fish. Oh, I cursed. In the context, I think you will find that it was very Necessary. Necessary enough to be capitalized, at the very least.

Pick out a tour for me!:
http://www.jtb-sunrisetours.jp/JTB.SunriseTours/frontend/category.aspx?SubCategoryNo=2

In Tokyo, mind you... As fun as a tour of Hiroshima would be (fun? really? Did I just use that word to describe a site of a nuclear bomb dropping?)- and it would be fun, despite the sad history, I cannot travel there. Well, I could, but it would require a flight, and I haven't the money. Or I have, but I'd rather use it for random crap. And there you have it, see?

Random crap= souvenirs for you, my lovelies. Did I just call your gifts "crap"? You see I am verbally diarrhetic today a la Bridget Jones. Though I suppose this is not verbal. Read it aloud, my friend, and do me a great favor.

ReBoot season one is just hilarious. I always remembered it as the worst season, but I think that may be because it is overly cheesy. But I do love cheesy (so does Kate Winslet in The Holiday), so it is making me very happy.

Tomorrow, I think I shall try to see Paco to Maho no Ehon. It is a Japanese film and subtitless, but I may attempt it. It looks very pretty and will soon leave theatres. If you want to know the director, who also did Kamikaze Girls (Shimotsuma Monogatari), please watch this short video:



And here is the trailer (no subtitles, sorry!) for the movie I may see tomorrow:


If I have time, I'll offer a lame-o translation. Wow, that sure gives you hope for the future, doesn't it? Anyway, it depends on whether I get enveloped in my Nanowriming or not. I'm nearly done, so I may just sit down and do the whole thing tomorrow. Whoa!

Loves <3

No comments: