Saturday, November 29, 2008

*Trying to Catch Up*

Sorry for not posting anything yesterday. I was just too tired! I'm really tired now as well, and I've got to get to bed, so I'll try to spit this out as quickly as possible. Sorry for the grammatical/spelling/etc. mistakes that must, of necessity, come with rushing! Burst of genius- go!

Yesterday yesterday yesterday, what did I do? Oh, school and stuff. I watched a movie with the people I live with (I'll ask them if I can use their names tomorrow >.<), called Grosse Pointe Blank, about an assassin going back to his high school reunion. It was funny but there was a LOT of random violence that seemed out of place in what was otherwise a romantic comedy. And there was a ton of swearing. John and Joan Cusack, Minnie Driver, Alan Arkin. The disturbing scenes were just really disturbing, especially for a comedy. It was a confusing mix of genres! In a bad way...

I also finished Faust for the book club meeting. It was awful. Don't read it, if you don't have to. It's just, like, the guy can have anything in the world he wants and he asks for this 14-year-old girl. Because he can't win her over on his own. And then she dies. He ruins everything. It was stupid. Anyway.

The book club meeting was really great. The people were from all over- U.S., Japan, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, London, Paris. The book shop we went to has cheap used books in English, RARE, and I got four books:

Lives of Girls and Women- Alice Munro
Walk Two Moons- Sharon Creech
New Moon- Stephenie Meyers (I'll read it just for you guys. It's a brick...)
Fingersmith- Sarah Waters (I loved the BBC movie, so I'm excited)

It's really close to where I live now, so I intend to go back and get more of the lits. Also, randomly cheap dvds. I forgot to check the price on TV seasons tho. And they're used, so...

Then we went to an Israeli restaurant for lunch. We had falafels and pitas. It was very good, though I would have liked refills for my drink! There were a variety of people from all sorts of businesses and of various ages. I didn't feel quite like the young 'un I was at the Museum Meetup! Seriously though, everyone was REALLY friendly. I'm planning to meet with them next month near to when I'll be leaving to the U.S. for Christmas.

Less than a month away- yee!

Then we went to Thanksgiving dinner (no it is not T-day here either) at an American restaurant. It was pretty durned good and I had WINE (I am so adult O.O) which wasn't very good (I think I have high standards from free PONCHO wines... like we just happen to have really good wines lying around up the wazoo). The turkey and the pumpkin pie were great. It was pretty pricy tho, even though we did get a lot. I hope I can really get the deposit back tomorrow- I'm running low (or I could just withdraw more money ^^* but then my bank account wouldn't be as pretty).

I was planning on being lazy and just settling the apartment matters tomorrow with no other plans, but Kayoko is having troubles with Huck Finn and she has a midterm Tuesday, so I'm going to meet with her to talk about it in the PM. So, probably straight from Nishikawaguchi to Harajuku. Or as straight as it can possibly be ^^* given that there are three transfers involved. Ugh! I hope I gave myself enough time...

Actually, I'm sure that there is a quicker route- so I'll come up with it.

Anyway, as I said, I have to get to sleep so I can get up semi-early-ish to read more Tale of Genji. 80-ish more pages for Monday. Then I'll need to study for my Japanese quiz! Yeek! I'm so happy to not have school on Wednesday, though we got assigned a skit project for Japanese (UGH group work AGAIN?!?!?!) and I might have to meet with my group. They have a lame ass (sorry) idea of us deciding to get a new heater for the classroom, asking for directions, taking a taxi, buying it, and throwing a "new heater" party. Seriously. Seriously? Seriously?!

It's going to be lame. Sorry for the negativity, but I've had all of these people as partners before, and I haven't high hopes. We can do this skit on ANYTHING so why not pick something INTERESTING and fitting in the vocab/grammar around it? We don't have to mirror the book's situations to do that! I feel like my creativity is being shoved in a 2"x2" box.

In a non-diamond sort of way.

Anyway, I hope I don't get home too late tomorrow. I want to watch more Touching Evil- gyah! T.T It has been two days since Jeffrey Donovan and I last met. I am going through withdrawl.

Love <3

No comments: