Thursday, November 20, 2008

*Money Talks*

Edit: (If you skip the music rant, there's actual ness at the bottom that isn't me blabbing on and on. I did not realize how long winded I was until later. I think maybe it's because I have to study when I'm done writing this, and I'm soooo tired of it! I watched 10 episodes of Burn Notice while studying last night! That's like 6.5 hours! Gyah!)

But it don't sing and dance and it don't walk! Oh, Neil, your lyrics are always so awful. I was listening to music in the cafe I usually go to for lunch, and I couldn't help but compare lyrics. Obviously, I will get an A for effort on my test tomorrow, self burn. In any case, it turns out I listen to some pretty crappily lyriced (I tried three spellings, so it must not be a word...) songs. And these were on my "best of" mix (see previous entry O.O which I will make beautiful this weekend). This song that just made the list, Life, by Des'ree.

Here is the song (I've never seen the video so...):



Listen to her sneak extra syllables in during the second verse- "ladders" doesn't quite fit! Here are the other crappy lyrics:

Life, oh life, oh life, oh life,
doo, doot doot dooo.
Life, oh life, oh life, oh life,
doo, doot dooo

I'm afraid of the dark,
'specially when I'm in a park
And there's no-one else around,

Ooh, I get the shivers
I don't want to see a ghost,
It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news
(Repeat Chorus)

I'm a superstitious girl,
I'm the worst in the world
Never walk under ladders,
I keep a rabbit's tail

I'll take you up on a dare,
Anytime, anywhere
Name the place, I'll be there,
Bungee jumping, I don't care!
(Repeat Chorus)

life, doo, doot dooo
doo, doot dooo

So after all is said and done
I know I'm not the only one
Life indeed can be fun, if you really want to

Sometimes living out your dreams,
Ain't as easy as it seems
You wanna fly around the world,
In a beautiful balloon
(Repeat Chorus)

-- It's like she'll just make a line that means anything in order to get a rhyme. I didn't intend for that to fake rhyme... Anyway, also, this song is very similar in lyrics to Shivaree's Goodnight Moon, but listen to how DIFFERENT they sound! This song is much darker (though randomly a love them in Jake 2.0, which might be one of the reasons it was cancelled d'oh!)

Again, I haven't watched this:



Lyrics:

There's a nail in the door
And there's glass on the lawn
Tacks on the floor
And the TV is on
And I always sleep with my guns
When you're gone

There's a blade by the bed
And a phone in my hand
A dog on the floor
And some cash on the nightstand
When I'm all alone the dreaming stops
And I just can't stand

What should I do I'm just a little baby
What if the lights go out and maybe
And then the wind just starts to moan
Outside the door he followed me home

Well goodnight moon
I want the sun
If it's not here soon
I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say
Goodnight moon

There's a shark in the pool
And a witch in the tree
A crazy old neighbour and he's been watching me
And there's footsteps loud and strong coming down the hall
Something's under the bed
Now it's out in the hedge
There's a big black crow sitting on my window ledge
And I hear something scratching through the wall

Oh what should I do I'm just a little baby
What if the lights go out and maybe
I just hate to be all alone
Outside the door he followed me home
Now goodnight moon
I want the sun
If it's not here soon
I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say
Goodnight moon

Well you're up so high
How can you save me
When the dark comes here
Tonight to take me up
To my front walk
And into bed where it kisses my face
And eats my head

Oh what should I do I'm just a little baby
What if the lights go out and maybe
And then the wind just starts to moan
Outside the door he followed me home
Now goodnight moon
I want the sun
If it's not here soon
I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say
Goodnight moon
No it won't be too soon 'til I say
Goodnight moon

--So, some other songs have great lyrics, surprisingly so! I don't want to murder you all with more videos and lyrics, but I think that the Pogues have GREAT lyrics, especially "Fairytale of New York" (the one song that randomly got quotations), and, of course, Lovin' Spoonful, who I've ranted over before. But anyway, I got really into music this afternoon, more so than I've been in a long while. I think it was because I was listening to it louder than usual, to drown out the cheesy soft jazz repertoire (six songs on repeat) in my lunch place.

AND these random Englsih-speaking dudes came in and were really weird. One was very flamboyant about his homosexuality and the other kept calling him a "fucking faggot" and a "retard" and things like that. But it honestly appeared as though they were friends. Like, who talks to a friend that way? They came in and left together, and they talked the whole time (really loud) but it was just abuse abuse abuse from the tough, young guy and rant about some random thing in a happy-go-lucky way with the other guy. But I can't handle people using that kind of language (I can handle swearing, it's the derogatory language that bothers me. I mean, if you're going to be called a "faggot" at least you can be getting some, right? Think about it. It's the second word that hurts.)

The listening test was not good. Gah! The speakers were terrible, so no one could really tell what it was saying. But it's only worth 20 points (versus the kanji test, which is 100), so I'm not worried. And the interview went well, hoorah! So, it's basically the test tomorrow that's going to sink me.

So maybe I should study...

Anyway, if you are reading this, grandma and grandpa, I'm sorry to have curses in quotations. I hear that you got my blog from my mother, and I'm sorry the e-mail didn't work, so I couldn't give it to you myself! Also, thank you for the birthday card! It made me so happy! It is prettily on my desk now, making all the other kids jealous. Or it would be, if I allowed them to enter my domain, which I don't, because then I couldn't call it that anymore. I'd have to call it a "room" or something.

But it is Mandaframe, my domain.

If you've been reading the ReBoot craziness, you know what I mean. If not, well go back and read it! You got a look with those words, btw.

OH! I couldn't remember what I was going to post, but here is the picture of the lady from Burn Notice, a crime boss, whose make up I copied today. Er, HERE I mean:



The colors aren't quite right in the screen cap, but my make up actually does look pretty similar, despite me having less than my usual allotment of colors to choose from:



Anyway, I took three pictures and that one was the weirdest. What do you think? I actually tied my hair back in a unique way as well, but I hadn't done it yet when the pic was taken/I took the pic. I was trying to wear my hair down but it was too crazy. Crazy hair, down boys! Er or girls? Or random endogenous masses? That's a big word...

Must to my studying get! Gah! I've been attacked by the Yoda monster again! Is he a monster? I think he's just an alien. Or... interworlder? There must be a nice PC term we can come up with, for if we actually run into someone from another world. We should think of one, just in case.

"Steve's a pretty name."

^___^ Get it? No? No one saw that movie...

<3

Edit: I beat one minute in Cryptoquote again (third time!!! but it was short...)
kattie 0:52

No comments: