Sunday, November 2, 2008

*Whoa! I Thought this Would be a Bad Thing*

So I finally bit the bullet and figured out how the calories work on my foodstuffs. I remember studying at some point in school that food labels in the US are actually kilocalorized in disguise- the capital C in calories denotes a kilocalorie, but I figured that secretly I pulled this out of my butt some years ago and just held onto it like a safety blanket. So, today, it was with anxious, overly-bendy fingers, that I approached Google.com. I put in the information: "How many calories are in a kilocalorie?" and died when it blinked

1 kilocalorie = 1000 calories

"OMG, one slice of cheese has 6,600 calories?! Wait... "

Luckily, very luckily, I have a brain that knows that one slice of cheese cannot possibly have two/three times the intended calorie intake for a day. That would just be one very fatty piece of cheese. Seriously, how would they manage that? Make it like, Cheese-zilla. And this, this is a regular-sized cheese slice.

So I read on, everything, and by everything, I mean I clicked two links. And, as it turns out, my genius butt-removed information is correct. Therefore, I just read the kCals as Cals. Which means the cheese slice is 66 calories and my mini KitKat bars, which I figured were my undoing because I cannot help but eat two a day, are 100 calories a pair. Oh.

So maybe I won't turn into a beluga here. O.O

Loves

No comments: