Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Burned

BTW, there was mention of Michael being SIX and sneaking out to see a Star Wars movie. Since they came out in 1977, 1980, and 1983, and this season ran in 2007, we can assume that Michael is somewhere between thirty and thirty-six years old. The actor, Jeffrey Donovan, was about 43 at the time the episodes aired, so probably 42ish when they were filmed. He also states that he has thirty years of karate, so unless he's rounding, I'd go with the thirty-six. But he might be rounding... (Obviously, I need a hobby.)

Edit: Also, in the fourth episode, someone Michael went to school with is introduced as a client and HE looks nearly fifty. I am so confused. But the guy was under a lot of stress, so maybe he was supposed to look haggard.

Burn Notice quotes will be posted for awhile now, since I'm on to that show again. Third time's a charm? Oh... this is the fourth. Hrml. Anyway, I'd pretty much be posting episode scripts if I put every fantastic line up for your ULTIMATE viewing pleasure, so...

(BTW: If you watch Burn Notice, check out the episode basic summaries on Wiki for the rest of season two, particularly the finale, if you don't mind spoilers, then e-mail me and we can scream together)

Season 1
Episode 1 "Pilot"

Michael: (First lines) Covert intelligence involves a lot of waiting around. Know what it's like being a spy? Like sitting at your dentist's reception area 24 hours a day. You read magazines, sip coffee, and every so often, someone tries to kill you.

David: Are you going to shoot the people that robbed Mr. Pine?
Michael: No, no, that shouldn't be necessary.
David: But what if they shoot at you?
Michael: Well, in that case, it would be necessary, so yeah.

(Maybe it's funny just because Jeffrey Donovan's so good...)

David's depiction of Michael killing the thieves (notice that Michael's shirt is pink and his pants are green ^__^):



Michael's such a softy- earlier in the episode he talked about how important it was not to get attached to your clients, and how he was always bad at this (he ALWAYS gets attached to his clients).

Michael: Thirty years of karate. Combat experience on five continents. A rating with every weapon that shoots a bullet or holds an edge. Still haven't found any defense against mom crying into my shirt.

Michael: (to the FBI agents tailing him) Can I borrow your binoculars?
Tail: Um..
Michael: Now, I know you got some and you're not using them because you need them to see me and I'm right here so... (pause) Please?

Episode Two: "Identity"

Madeline is Michael's mom, btw.

Michael: I need to ask you something. Anyone unknown to you been around the house the last few months? Any unfamiliar faces on the street, maybe a repair truck that just seems to sit there?
Madeline: I don’t know. I really don’t notice what my neighbors do. I’m not interested in them.
Michael: You notice if the neighbor hasn’t vacuumed his car, if the postman isn’t wearing his wedding ring, just tell me.
Madeline: As a matter of fact, a few months ago there were two men here taking pictures. They were very nice.
Michael: You met them?
Madeline: Mm hmm. They came in for coffee. I made them deviled egg sandwiches.
(below is a screen cap that doesn't quite show you the look on his face when he hears this news- he's checking for people following him, btw, thus his hand on the blinds)


Michael: (referring to Sam's intel work) Not bad for a man in his underwear.
Sam: You think that's good. You should see me without 'em.

Episode 3: "Fight or Flight"

Narration (Also Michael): The important thing is to disappear before people can ask questions.
Security Guard: Excuse me, sir. Sir!
Michael: Great! (takes off running)
Narration: If they do decide to ask questions, you just have to hope you’re in a building with a lot of hallways, a good service basement.
Michael: Locked!
Narration: And plenty of exits.
Security Guard: Stop right there!
Michael: (tries another door, which is also locked) This is a fire hazard!

Episode 4: "Old Friends"

Wilkelm: I'm not a pimp!
Michael: You say "tomato," I say "pimp."

Episode 5: "Family Business"

Sam: Mike, I save your ass at the warehouse, the least you could do is have some decent beer in the fridge.
Michael: Next time you plan on saving my ass, tell me before I go to the store.

Episode 9: "Hard Bargain"

Every time a new character is introduced, he or she gets a little subtitle stating his or her name and occupation/relationship to Michael. Sometimes these subtitles pop up at hilarious times. Later in season two, a character is begging Michael to help him and the subtitle suddenly pops up, stating "The client." Michael's such a softy >.<



Episode 11: "Dead Drop"

(Michael's going to meet the guy who burned him. Sam is eating fried chicken.)
Sam: Do you want me to come with? Back you up?
Michael: Sure, bring your bucket of fat.
Sam: I'll bring the chicken too.

Episode 12: "Loose Ends"
Carmelo: And I should do this because...?
Michael: Because he's an importer. He sells to your competition. I put him out of business, it's a win for both of us. And, if you don't do what I want, I will reign Hell down upon you until one of us is dead, and I am really, really good at reigning down Hell.

Season Two: Episode 4: "Comrades"
Michael: How's our friend Ivan behaving?
Fiona: Like an alter boy. He even asked me to use the stun gun on him again.
Michael: He asked you with a gag in his mouth?
Fiona: Oh, he has expressive eyes.

Episode Seven: "Rough Seas"
Seymour: (to Fiona) Keep Jack Ass company. He'll like you. He's attracted to shiny objects.

Episode Eight: "Double Booked"

Michael and Madeline (his mom) are going to a therapist, who tells them each to make a list of five things they are grateful to the other for. Michael's list (we only get to hear one other, at the session, which is his eyesight):


BTW, just finished the half-season finale- gahhhh! Such a cliffhanger, really. Like, you know that he can't die but, man! I am so tense! Can't wait 'til new episodes!!

No comments: