Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just a Little Bit More

Because I'm too weary to study. I'm wearied to my whiskers, and my retnas, and my marrow, and my ribs. But not too wearied to type or attempt a poem and end it right there.

I had a whole plan of what I was going to type and it zipped away, soon as I opened my mind. Stubbornness would have saved me.

Anyway, if I think of it, I'll actually put something here.

Ah, I thought of it but it's depressing. Here, I'll just post the Post Secret. So, someone mailed this in, this is their thought, and I merely wonder if it's true, and worry:



It says "It's only a matter of time." It does seem true that whenever a black man rises to receive any degree of influence or power, he gets shot down. Booker T. doesn't count, because he conformed to white standards and helped put down members of his own race to elevate himself.

But, anyway, regardless of your politics, I hope that you're praying for President Elect Obama, because whether you believe he deserves the presidency or not, he certainly deserves to live. And if you are one of those people who voices your opinion about politicians/figures you disagree with through the terms, "want to put a bullet in their head" or some such nonsense, please take a minute and think about what you're really saying. This is a human life. It frustrates me, because we're better than that. Sometimes, I wonder how we haven't yet risen above the impulse to slaughter.

Even if it is natural for humans to kill each other, we're evolving creatures and you'd think we'd evolve past this. There has to be something else we can do with all this rage.

Yoga?

Sorry, bad joke. Really bad joke. I'm going to study now. Just ignore the man behind the curtain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I was watching the election coverage, my mother asked worriedly, "What if he gets shot??!"

It worried me too.