Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm the Only Girl

In the entire computer lab- and it's a big lab! It's eleven Japanese boys and me. What the heck? I feel so... in the minority? Actually, I must be paranoid because I'm a little nervous. Big groups of men often turn into random footballers, and we're indoors. What will happen to the computers?!?!?

Like eight people just left. Do you think I offended them? Maybe they are bilingual telepaths? Oh, but this is in writing, so supposing I don't think at all when I write (which I proudly do not), then they are like bilingual technotelepaths. Technopaths? That sounds like Jake 2.0.

So, I am done with my final, ginormous test. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I thought it would be so hard I'd want to jump out the window (underneath which, there happens to be a fire escape, but let's not dawdle on the details). So, it was so-so. There's one type of problem that I really hate, and we had a WHOLE PAGE of that kind of problem!:

Example: fox , the lazy jumped dog's the quick brown over back

So they take a regular sentence and mix up the words and you have to arrange it to become a sentence, i.e.:

The quick, brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back. (BTW, this is a sentence for typing practice, that uses every letter, a comma, and an apostraphe. Some people use "the quick, brown fox jumped over the lazy dog," but this is crap because it has no "s"- see!!)

Which seems a lot easier than it actually is. Because if I'm going to say something, there are lots of ways I could, but having this list makes it so you have to say it in EXACTLY the way they want. So one of the sentences was basically, "My building is a place with a parking garage on the second floor." Now I can say, very easily, "There is a parking garage on the second floor of my building" or "My building has a parking lot on the second floor." Obviously the nuance is different, but you see what I mean. It's VERY specific. So it's hard for me! I think I did okay though.

I've got a drama midterm on Tuesday, so I'm goign to try to make notecards for about twenty-five minutes then go to lunch before most people are out of class (the cafeteria today for a change of pace!).

Let's hope the tests went okay! At least they're doooooooooooooone! Hoorah!

<3

No comments: