Thursday, November 13, 2008

To Write Love on Her Arms

Is November 13th- aka my birthday, so I did it. Even though it isn't really big even in the U.S. and is pretty much nonexistent here. Anyway, here's the deal:

Actually, never mind. I'm not going to quote the actual source because they are cheesy writers, and I can't handle it. It's just really poorly written. Honestly. You can check out the original site if you want by searching it out on Google, but I'll summarize (whoa, inflated ego much?).

Basically, the people who started this program/day had a friend who was a cutter and eventually slit her wrist. Her reason, she explained after surviving the suicide attempt, was that she felt as though no one loved her. So the girl's friends all wrote "love" on her arms, so that when she went to cut her arms or wrist, she'd see their message and remember that she was loved.

Okay, I'm not convinced that this really solves anything, but it's pretty anyway, so I did it. November 13th, you write love on your wrists or arms as a suicide prevention effort. I think most people just thought I was too cheap to get my sentimental tattoo.

So here's the bilingual pic (but backwards):


Wowsa, I look soooo tired. Lookit those wrinkles and shadows! OMG, I am getting old. No, just tiiiireed! But tomorrow's Friday (PRAISE THE LORD) so I shall have the weekend to look forward to, then next week should fly by on account of MIDTERMS and then THREE-DAY WEEKEND. Lotsa caps= lotsa BIG thoughts. You must forgive me.

It isn't an option.

Anyway, if you want to do "To Write Love on Her Arms", then do. But otherwise, I don't think it matters ^^**** nice thought...

No comments: