Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ReBoot Musings Continue

/mostly quotes. Anywho, I don't want to keep going back and editing post, so if the thing gets bumped to a new page, I'll make a new entry each time. Except, I'll probably be done pretty soon. Lots of studying. Pooh.

So, season three is exciting- very different than the previous seasons! The rules for what you can show in an animated program for children became less strict, so Dot and Mouse no longer have uni-boob. The episodes are broken up into different story-line segment-things, so it's confusing but cool. Lots of intenseness/spoofs.

Anyway...

"To Mend and Defend" (which is the motto of the Guardian aka the Guardian protocol) Episode 3.1.1

[SPOILER]
Enzo (he's meant to be in charge): You! Get down before you're shot! Now, go and find the ammo!
Sprites: (ignore him)
Dot: Just do it! This is important!
Sprite #1: Why didn't you say so?
Sprite #2: Yeah, you don't have to shout. Bob would've known better. He never shouted. He was nice!

"Between a Raccoon and a Hard Place" Episode 3.1.2

Megabyte's "propaganda":


"Game Over" Episode 3.1.4

Hack: What are you're doing?
Slash: Releasing the little fellow from what, to me, looks like certain death.
Hack: Yeah, that's right, and we're supposed to BE that certain death.
Slash: (releasing the prisoner they're supposed to be executing). Go, little fellow. Run. Be free.
Hack: Now you've done it. Megabyte's gonna be mad!
Slash: Oh, what's new? I miss Bob.
Hack: What?! Sh! Are you crazy?
Slash: Bob always stopped us before we could do anything really bad. Now no one does.

"Icons" Episode 3.2.1 (SEE?! It's confusing!)

3.2 Opening:

Matrix: I live in the games. I search through systems, peoples, and cities, for this place—Mainframe, my home. My format: I have no format. I am a renegade, lost on the net. [pause] Reboot!

Virus: What?! A guardian?!
Matrix: There's no guardian here! I'm Matrix- renegade!
Virus: Please renegade! Mercy!
Matrix: Mercy? To a virus? Never! (deletes him... it?)

3.2.3 "Number Seven"

FYI, you should just skip this episode. It is awful. I lied when I said the other was the worst- this one really is. Um, but it is obscure... Okay, it's just that something really big is coming up and I don't have time for a novelty episode! Especially one that references a show NO ONE has seen. Rant end.

3.3.4 "Mouse Trap"

Matrix freaks out and is pointing his gun at the web riders, who get ready to attack back.
Ray: (trying to speak their language) Handbag... Teakettle... Barbeque...
Web Rider #1: What in the web is he talking about??
Web Rider #2: I think he wants us to calm down!

Mr. Christopher: What are we going to do?!
Crimson Binome: Steady, lad! We've gotten through worse scrapes than this!
Mr: Andrews: No, we haven't.

"I come from the Net. I search through systems, cities, and peoples, for this place, Mainframe, my home. My format: guardian, to mend and defend."

This episode was so good it gave me happy chills!

3.4.4 "End Program"

Mike the TV: Wait, wait, there's more! A special offer! For those viewers out there who missed ReBoot season three and have NO IDEA what's going on, we proudly present, for your appreciation, this cycle only, the marvelous, magnificent, Mainframe Strolling Players!

Recap song follows- I have it memorized, it is so great. It's just funny because this is basically the last episode of the series (the final season "four" is actually two movies) so if you're JUST watching this episode, it's like- STOP AND GO BACK! Silly Mike!

I'm not posting the recap song, because it'll ruin the entire series for you. You'll just have to trust me that it's AWESOME!

(The first movie, secretly posing as a fourth season)
4.1 "Daemon Rising"

Bob: But, Hex-
Hexadecimal: Now sh, hush. There, I knew it, you're a bundle of knots. You're working too hard. It's that Dot. She's a workaholic. She expects too much from people. You need some down time... We could go down together.
Bob: Uh, that's a good idea but- but I can't! I've got to defend the system.

4.3 "What's Love Got to Do With It?"

Hex: It's not working! Oh, give it up!
Dot: We're talking about my father! Would you give up?
Hex: I was born in the explosion that created Lost Angles. An explosion doesn't usually display the best parenting skills.

4.4 "Sacrifice" (Which can never be the title for a happy episode)

Hex: I infect the entire net. I have spread through systems, peoples and cities. From this place: Mainframe. My format: Virus. The Queen of Chaos! Ha-ha-ha Ha-ha-ha-haaaaa! Ha-ha-ha-ha.

(The second movie, see above)

4.5 "My Two Bobs"

(During a Brady Bunch parody)
Enzo: Hey, it's Cecil. Our foreign stereotype comic relief!

(In a Pokemon/DBZ style game)
Matrix: I'm a Pan Su Heavy Trainer, you're a Pan Su Heavy X-a mutant creature. I keep you in that tiny container and release you to fight for me.
"Bob": You keep creatures in cages and release them just to fight?
Matrix: Yeah.
"Bob": That is sick!

4.6 "Life's a Glitch"

Glitch Bob: What's the password for the archive? Maybe I can splice some code together and- Phong, what is the password?!
Phong: Password, ah, yes. Well, it's, ah...
Glitch Bob: Oh, this is great, now you don't trust me!
Phong: Oh, do not be silly!
Glitch Bob: You don't think I'm the original!
Phong: Yes I do!
Glitch Bob: Well, then give me the password!
Phong: Oh...Um...
(alarm suddenly blares)
Phong: Oh, an alarm!
Glitch Bob: (scoffs) Saved by the bell.
Phong: No, no, no, that is a klaxon.

AndrAIa: Hi, little Sparky.
(She calls Matrix Sparky, so Enzo's Little Sparky. It's funnier in context...)

4.7 "Null Bot of the Bride"

Slash: Mum's the word. Discretion is our middle name.
Hack: I thought your middle name was Elden.

4.8 "Crouching Binome, Hidden Virus" (the titles for the second video are AWFUL, aren't they?)

Turbo: So, it's confirmed. Megabyte has Trojan Horse viral capacity now.
Bob: He can duplicate any form. He could be anywhere, right in front of us, and we'd never know.
Enzo: No way! He could be here! He could be even be ME! What if I'M Megabyte now?!

Phong: (to the citizens of Mainframe) This is a system wide announcement on behalf of the Principal Office. Due to some ... circumstances, we are advising citizens to return to their homes, file lock doors and windows, and remain there until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience, but assure you that normal status will be resumed as soon as possible. There is no cause for alarm. Well, maybe a small amount of cause for alarm. Just make sure you stay in pairs at all times and do not walk the city alone. Oh, and, uh, before I forget, here is an artist's impression of Megabyte's new form:



(Citizens panic!)

No comments: