Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Mix! --Music

I made a happy/triumphant mix yesterday at school after my Japanese midterms were through. So, if you need happiness/triumphantness, you can listen to these songs.

Sorry, I haven't watched all of these videos. Oh, and sorry for the cursing:

"Good Day"- Dresden Dolls


"After Today" from Goofy Movie (wow, this will probably be taken down ANY DAY. Disney's rough):


"Everything's Alright" from Jesus Christ Superstar (This is a college performance but LISTEN to that voice, wow! Um, except Judas sucks >.<)

or watch the movie version, which has an AWESOME Judas


"Living in the Sunlight" -Tiny Tim (this song ALWAYS makes me happy):


"Love You I Do"- Jennifer Hudson (not the movie version.. though it is from Dreamgirls. Wow, she's gorgeous)

(Do you think she'd marry me if I asked nicely?)

"Pay Me My Money Down"- Bruce Springsteen (I love his folky phase)


"Sunshine"- Jonathan Edwards (wow, that's a crap video. But the song's great!)


"Try a Little Tenderness" -Otis Redding (Wow, Youtube had a LIVE version. He's amazing. It gets SO FAST! And it reminds me of Duckie dancing.)


"We Can Work it Out"- The Beatles (just the song and lyrics)


"You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile"- from Annie (this is the version I have, actually. I didn't realize it was from a movie.) BTW, this song also makes me happy EVERY TIME. I love them.


"Another Believer"- Rufus Wainwright (it's a tribute to Meet the Robinsons! er, the video, not the song..)


"一半女生"- Twins (title translates to "Half of the Girls" as in 1/2 of the female population, acc. to Google. This is the official music video and yes, they are happily singing and dancing while singing, in English "bye bye love, bye bye happiness" a la the Everly Brothers)


"Freeze Ray" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog (or you could just watch the whole thing- forty-five minute commitment and it's FREE) (1:30 is my favorite part- oh, he's in love with the red-haired girl btw, but he's too afraid to tell her- cuuute!)


I hope that you are now HAPPY and TRIUMPHANT. No? What? You are as impenetrable as Superman, you.

^_^ (?)

No comments: