Friday, November 7, 2008

ReBoot Makes me Laugh My Arse Off

I forgot how hilarious it is. Like, I knew I loved it, but I didn't realize I loved it THIS much. I am enjoying season one far more than I thought I would, considering how cheesy it is. It's like, the writers know it's crazy cheesy, and they make fun of themselves.

Letting my freak flag fly:

"The Tearing" 1.01
(deja vu?)
I come from the Net.

I search through systems, peoples and cities for this place: Mainframe.

My format: Guardian - To Mend and Defend.

To defend my new found friends, their hopes and dreams.
To defend them from all of their enemies.

They say the user lives outside the Net, and inputs games for pleasure.
No one knows for sure,
but I intend to find out...

"Racing the Clock" 1.02

Uh, Bob. That must be Hexadecimal's... hole in the ground! (Enzo)

Best part about the episode is that Dot and Bob examine this package that Enzo's supposed to deliver to Hexadecimal, convinced it must be a bomb. When Bob x-rays it, they exclaim that it's merely a mask with a clock on it. Obviously, IT IS a bomb, but they believe otherwise. And when they realize it is a bomb, they are SO surprised O.O Cheesy! I love it!

Curses and cracks, we lost him! (Enzo)

Dot: Bob! Your. car. is. a. bomb!
Bob: You're telling me! It only comes with one nitro! (it really is a bomb, as in boom!)

If only I'd copied and pasted the truth at the start! (Enzo)
I should've copied and pasted the truth from the start! (Enzo)

Bob: (calmly) It's an infinite data else/if loop.
Dot: What does that mean?!
Bob: It means run like you've never run before!!!

(Scolding) Doooot, Bob and I are sharing a comraderie after the game. (Enzo)

Megabyte: Hack! Slash!
Hack: (to Slash) I think he means us.

"The Quick and the Fed" 1.03

I wanted to ReBoot into a knight like you, not a damsel in this dress! (Enzo, who mistakes the phrase "damsel in distress". ha)

(After jumping off a cliff)
Hack: It's times like this I feel extremely close to you-
Slash: You know I was gonna say-
Hack: And there's something I should tell you before we hit rock bottom. (simultaneously)
Slash: You are like my brother. (simultaneously)
Slash: What?
Hack: Oh, it's too late! (crash)

Catch Phrases of Bob (usually used by others first v.v):
"Stay frosty"
"I don't think so."
"This is bad, very bad."

"The Tiff" 1.04

Self-destruction program deactivated. Thank you and have a nice day. (Computer in game)

"The Crimson Binome" 1.07

How'd he manage to squeeze through that?! (Jailer on the Saucy Mare, pointing to a hole probably 2"x2", which Bob obviously did not escape through.. ha)

Dot: (Trying to convince the Crimson Binome to go into business with her) 200% You call that a profit margin? [scoffs] Oh, please!
Crimson Binome: And you could do better?
Dot: Much. But don't take my word for it. Take a look for yourself. [throws him her computer] You've got all my spreadsheets right there. The password is...guardian...
[As in Bob >.< cuuuute!]

"Warriors, Wizards, and a Word from Our Sponsor." 1.09

Mike: It's Bucket o' Nothing! Surprise your friends! Amaze your family! Annoy perfect strangers!!
Binome in Commercial: It's absolutely nothing.
Mike: Free! For only 99 99 99!

"The Great Brain Robbery" 1.10

Megabyte (tried to send a tiny flying machine into Bob's head to steal Supercomputer access codes, but accidentally got in Enzo's head, because it is season one, and those things tend to happen early on): At last, the sequence is complete! Bob's entire memory base is now open to me. With the flick of a switch, the entry code to the great Supercomputer will at last be mine!
Enzo's Memory: All right guys, remember, the password is bellybutton. And no girls allowed!
Megabyte: "Bellybutton"? "No girls allowed?"

"Identity Crisis Part 1" 1.12.i

Phong (on phone, sorta): Bob, Dot, What is happening?!
Bob: Phong, let me put this as delicately as possible... we're doomed!

Bob (inside a tank): Dot, can I, uh, you know...?
Dot: Oh, alright. Go fire the big gun.
Bob: Yes!

"Bad Bob" 2.17 (it's just the numbering system, I haven't watched thirty episodes)
Slash: Stealing energy from the core again.
Hack: I hope it works this time!
Slash: Yeah, he's [Megabyte] getting so depressed.

"Painted Windows" (MY FAVORITE EPISODE, apart from a major arch piece, but those don't count because they HAVE to be your favorites- or it does- just the one) 2.18

Enzo: And, Bob, be careful.
Bob: Don't worry, Enzo. I'm sure my good looks and charm will get me through. Eh he he (awkwardly).
Enzo: (just blinks and walks away)

Enzo: I hope Bob's doing better than us.
Dot: Don't worry, Enzo. Bob wouldn't have gone to meet Hexadecimal without a REALLY good plan.
[Cut to Bob and Mike]
Mike: THAT'S your whole plan?!
Bob: Yep.
Mike: And NEITHER of us are expected to survive?
Bob: That's right.
Mike: [John Wayne impersonation] Well that's not much of a plan, is it, pilgrim?

"AndrAIa" 2.18 (I forgot it was followed by my least favorite episode >.< well, one of two.. there are really funny moments though, despite its terrible character being introduced-ness.)

Bob: [yelling at two sprites] I can't believe you did that!
Dot: Problems?
Bob: You could say that. These two booted into the game and tried to win it by setting off an explosion capable of destroying a planet!
Dot: Bad idea...
Bob: Yes. Especially when you're INSIDE THE PLANET! Why'd you do it?
Kirk Spoof Sprite: I had to, mister!
Bob: [to other Sprite] And all he did was keep saying "Make it so"!
Picard Spoof Sprite: And "engage." I said "engage" more times than "make it so," actually.

Phong: Oh, this is bad...
Bob: Is it VERY bad?
(Referring to his catchphrase, "this is bad, very bad."

"Nullzilla" 2.19

Phong: Do not worry. I have prepared something for just such an emergency.
Bob: You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?
Phong: That is correct.
Bob: How do you plan for that?
Phong: Uh, lucky guess?

No comments: