Wednesday, November 5, 2008

*Vote Vote Vote!*

Psyche! It's too late. Anyway, trying to shy away from political views because people from both sides read this, the election is, if nothing else, over. And we've made history! And I'm getting political...

So, I went to that language group today. Maybe I forgot to write about it at all but anyway there were fliers about the school asking people to join this language group as tutors or to be tutored and I contacted them a weekish ago. So they asked me to do an English table. Basically, once a month anyone who wants to speak in English for an hour comes to this specific table to eat. Anyway, the girl I spoke with just told me to show up. But it turned out I was the only native English speaker and they expected me to have some sort of plan. D'oh! Anyway, we just talked for an hour in English and that was that. Except they kept wanting ME to talk which I think defeated the purpose. I don't need to practice my English... it is perfect. Or perfect enough. Don't you give me that look, mister.

Anywho, one of the guys kept saying dirty things and he didn't realize it. So I tried to explain that it was dirty but I think I didn't do a good job. And the other lady didn't explain it well in Japanese either >.< Anyway, I hope he kinda got the idea that you shouldn't talk about certain things unless you're trying to flirt with/come on to someone. Ex: He asked me about my room, what time I go to bed, "what did you do last night?" It just sounds dirty >.< And "costume play" vs "cosplay." Cosplay is fun and otakuish, costume play sounds like S and M. To me, anyway. There's no point in arguing, it's done!

I'm reading The Tale of Despereaux and should be done tomorrow because it goes very quickly. It is perty darned cute. I'm excited for the movie! I also got Faust by Goethe (not Marlowe or any other random playwright, the original German dude) for my IRL book club. Took for durned ever to find it, because it was with the German books and German and English look exactly the durn same when it's just names, such as Faust and Goethe. Needless to say, I aged fifty years in that library, and lost my sight entirely. Which defeats the purpose of finding the book. Drat!

What else? The test was today and there's another tomorrow. I am too sleepy to think about having so many tests, and a presentation on Friday gah!!! And we start discussing Tale of Genji tomorrow, which, if you didn't know, is thicker than a phonebook. Let's see, it is 1,118 pages and weights approximately 3 pounds. First three chapters are meant to be read by class tomorrow, so I'll try to do it during my break (don't you give me that "you slacker" roll of the eye. It's a LONG break.. well, long enough!)

The lady at the fruit stand gave me this free dessert thingy. Or some other customers bought it for me. I wasn't 100% clear except that it was put in my basket by one of them and not added to my bill. The other customers were talking with the fruit stand lady and she told them that I come in from time to time to buy fruit (what else? It's a fruit stand. Japanese is redundant.), so she gives me discounts. I kinda thought she might be, but wasn't sure. How did I understand this? She speaks crazy fast! I think she thinks all I know is "thank you" and "thank you very much" and "thanks" but it's just not true. What a sneaky tongue I have. Rawr.

I have a fever... still?!?!? Or... again?!?!??! What the heck? Why can't the weekend just be here already so I can sleep it off again. But, better this time, 'cause I actually won't be sick. Yeah. Brilliant plan. Yay to me.

Those neighbors keep up their volume level and I'ma bust a Lord of the Flies in their [expletive deleted by God, for reasons that are mysterious because, well, he's GOD.... or she is.... it? They? Oh the mysteries continue!]. Anyway....

Loves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that neat? Being the "native English speaker"? Being the one who knows the most?

It sounds nice.