Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bad Start to an OK Day

This morning was lousy. Strike that, it was terrible. Strike THAT too, it was god awful and a sack of invectives. Therefore, I'm going to try to leave earlier, without my posse, who for some reason think that I'm one of their entourage, and I shall leave on time (as opposed to forty-five minutes later than we're meant to leave) and alone.

Edit: Something else happened on the train, but my mother reads this, so I cut it. Sorry if I piqued your interest and you'll never know.

Phew. It was a really bad morning. I'm still extremely angry. I think, for good reason/s.

The whole morning thing kinda cast a shadow on the whole day. Japanese was exhausting and I'm really not looking forward to the kanji test tomorrow. We have a quiz or test every other day, and a big test and skit quiz are coming up. I don't want to study! Want to sleeeeeeep.

Anyway, I also went to the Piano Club meeting and paid my 2500 yen ($25, that's still a lot) so that I can play the campus keyboard. I got a password and everything. Sweet. I met a couple of girls who seemed very nice, so that was a good part of the day. I ate lunch with one of the girls, who had like a seven syllabic name that I have written down but don't quite remember at the moment, who enjoys gossip magazines. That's how she's learning English >.<

Theatre was pretty good. It at least went by quickly. We watched the end of Oedipus as performed by a kabuki troupe. That was pretty nifty. Oedipus was REALLY bloody and everything was extremely emotional. Poor Oedipus. What did he go and take his eyes out for? Well, I suppose I'll find out after reading the durned thing (actually, it's pretty short...). I'm thinking it has to do with the whole "killed my father, married my mother" thing, but that could just be the avant garde psychologist in me speaking.

I finished reading Beloved last night. It was pretty darn beautiful at the end. It fell into stream of consciousness at the end but somehow managed to be vague about who was actually doing the thinking. It seemed to merge the three women: Sethe, Denver, and Beloved. It's like, all along, their fates were actually intertwined and they became one person. Really beautiful. It actually had a semi-happy ending too, which is CRAZY considering how sad the rest of it was. I want to see the movie...

So, now I'm reading the aforementioned Huckleberry Finn, because that's what Kayoko has to read for her English language Lit class. Phew. I think it will be really hard. So much slang, everywhere!

Example:

"Looky here- mind how you talk to me; I'm a-standing about all I can stand, now- so don't gimme no sass. I've been in town two days, and I hain't heard nothing but about you bein' rich. I heard about it away down the river, too. That's why I come. You git me that money to-morrow- I want it."

Goodness glaciers, that's a lot of grammatical errors and mispellings and slangs. Then again, I tend to write that way too v.v That's why I write to her in Japanese- mwa ha ha! It only took me a week to figure it out d'oh! (My brain has wind only!)

I'va gotta git to my studying. Reckon ya'll're asleepin' 'bout now anyhow. Be seein' ya!

No comments: