Saturday, October 25, 2008

*So, Give me Some Books

Take a few minutes, and recommend me three books as a comment to this post. I fixed the problem, so anyone can post, even if they don't have a blog (unless I didn't fix it and am crazy.) Seriously though, I'm making a list for when I get back.

Here's what I like:
*really dark books with beautiful descriptions of violence (Book of Lost Things, In the Cut, The Exquisite, White Oleander)- these are pretty much the only books where I consistently accept a female protagonist
*funny books, generally autobiographical, and by men (Bill Bryson, David Sedaris, Alan Alda- zip it, you!)
*children's books- I'm a connoisseur

What I don't like (sorry):
*Romance novels (I try I try, they just don't stick. If the focus of the book is a romance, 9 times out of 8, I won't like it)
*Series (unless it's children's fantasy or sci fi.)

So, let's have them. ... Please?

Anyway, I went to the post office today and got my debit card. I don't know how to activate it though. Could it already be activated? That doesn't seem safe. Especially since they made me go all the way to the post office because my apartment wasn't deemed safe for receiving it. Well, what the heck?

That's pretty much my day. I studied, I did homework, I took some clips for a future vid-thingy. Kinda unimpressive.

Loves

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Told you I'd sign up for one of these things.)

- Bitten - Kelly Armstrong
- Innocence - Jane Mendelsohn
- The Host - Stephenie Meyer


I finished Kiss of the Spiderwoman last night, and my eyes teared up.


! Chriselle

eladee said...

Hmm, here are some books that are a bit more on the dark side

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (I cried at the end)

Stones From The River by Ursula Hegi
(Very well written but I was truly depressed when I finished it)

Lastly, Fred Vargas writes a french detective series with Chief Detective Adamsberg as her protagonist and though its a series, he's dark enough and so french that you might like these books. I read "Wash This Blood Clean From My Hand" which is the 3rd of 5 in the series and liked it so much that now I'm reading the rest of them.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

Thanks ^_^