Friday, October 17, 2008

The Plan

So, I was pretty much stressed out all day (um, minimalistically. I actually wasn't that stressed out- more like, suffering from subconscious anxiety of a "did I close the garage?" nature) because of the boy asking my number. He e-mailed/called to see if I wanted to go for drinks this weekend. It's kinda weird, since I told him I don't really drink (btw, it's legal at my age here, so no tut tutting or pooh poohing, if you please). This a little bit set me to thinking that he may be "laboring under a misapprehension" (hah, way to quote Austen- yay me), thinking that American girls are easy and just wanted to treat me to drinks as "grounds for intercourse" (whoa... and now there's a movie reference, I'm on fire... which isn't a right think to say in the context of this sentence).

Thus, I took charge after a few hours deliberation.

So, I basically gave the time, date, and place where we can meet if he really wants to. It is indeed a bar, but one in the heart of the touristy district (safe) and one that is more of a small, quiet jazz club. It sounds very nice in my guidebook. So long as I keep control, I think it's okay. If anything goes wrong, I'm in the middle of the tourist district where it is very busy, and should be pretty safe. Anyway, I'm setting up a whatchamacallit (it really has a name, I just can't remember it) so I'll have someone call at a certain time to make sure I'm ok. Or me call/text them. Sweet.

Anyway, that took a lot of space. Hoorah? So, anyway. I'm also going to Asakusa on Sunday with Kayoko. We might see Kabuki but otherwise there are a lot of things to do! I'll take my camera so I can get some pictures to show you! Um... which pretty much means I should get cracking with the big HW soon (I'm so ghetto nerd). There are like a million shrines and temples, it's crazy. Gah, she just sent me a really really really long e-mail in Japanese O.O Holy crap, I need to get to translating. I will not burden you with its boringness... for now! BWHHAHAHA!

We got so much Japanese homework this weekend. And next week we have a zillion tests, and big ones, and a bunch of other stuff. I think I shall perish merely from the thought- sigh!

I also have this weird bump on the knuckle of my middle finger on my right hand. It gets bright red sometimes but is otherwise just a bump. If it were pretty much anywhere else on my body, I'd be concerned. I think it's a spider bite though, because I have one for a roommate right now (for like... a week so far). I haven't put him outside because he's tiny and not very scary (I tell him he is the peak of terror, though, so as to boost his meager ego). Though he could be a she. It's hard to tell. Spiders tend to be a little androgynous.

Like David Bowie. And Kelso. (I am on fire with the references. If you've got them all so far, kudos).

I also got my moneys from the bank today. I have a lot of moneys in scholarships funds- yay! So I went shopping at the school store and got a sweatshirt and t-shirt for Sophia as well as some other little things. Like a white board to practice kanji on. Hoorah for saving the planet. Um... I also bought bread? ?

Okay, and I'm completely excited to take the Shinkansen. Here is a short video of it being cool:



Basically, I've been talking a lot more with Mari lately, and I think we're going to be concreting plans about Christmas this weekend. It sounds like they really DO want me to come, and weren't just being nice ^^* So I want to take the Shinkansen, even if it is a little bit more expensive. The other routes take forever and just aren't as... cool... Plus, I can catch it from Shinjuku, which isn't that far. Plus, it's cool. Watch the video again. Be amazed.

Anyway, I complain and complain and then write forever so as never to have to actually do my homework. Ciao ciao! I shall never forget you, even seven hours in to studying.

Love!

No comments: