Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo Sakana no Ko



I want to see it! (To get the subtitles, click the bottom right up-arrow and click the "CC" for closed captioning in English). Sooo cute, and the song is EVERYWHERE. It is entirely stuck in my head, and there is nothing I can do to remove it. Although, I must disagree with the critics, it sounds very much like the Tonari no Totoro ending, IMHO, and is not totally unique. But it is CATCHY!

Okay, so if I understood the commercial, do you think I'll understand the movie?! Anyway, I found where it's playing in this area, so I might go see it this week. Like... Wednesday. But I have to go to the post office (again. Did anyone else just hear a turtle dove committing suicide somewhere out of sympathy? O.o that doesn't even make sense....). Maybe I'll do both, mwaha!

Or go next next week. Apparently, if a movie is popular in Japan, it is in theaters a very long time, in this case from this past summer through May O.o Holy smokes! Also, I can re-see P.S. I Love You in theatres, if I want to. Which I do. But do I have time? And is it worth $15? Tickets are expensive.

Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo Sakana no ko! Catchy Catchy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you ever heard of "I Was Robbed By Two Men"? You tube it, PLEASE. It was recommended to me by Stacy, and I must confess... it'll get stuck in your head.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

That is so hilarious! Um, kinda offensive, but whatever. I love the randomly like British/Australian cop whose accent changes. And the random closeups on the shoulder blades.

Ha. >.<