Saturday, October 11, 2008

So, Today wasn't Busy

I mostly talked to people on Skype and slept. It was nice to talk with Amanda- haven't spoken to her in a while! She gave me a whole bunch of My Chemical Romance songs and the new Fall Out Boy songs- yay! I also really got into this new band suggested by Stevie on 5AwesomeGays called Gregory & the Hawk. They sound a lot like Au Revoir Simone, I think.

I'm probably going to go with Kayoko to Asakusa next weekend- we're going to look for an old Kabuki theatre there. Either way, there are a lot of older buildings there- so I'll take many pictures! Also, there's a very famous Buddhist temple and some shrines, as well as a park- all for freeeeee!

Tomorrow, I'm meeting with Mary for lunch and shopping in Shinjuku. I'm pretty excited. There's also some sort of festival going on back here but they've been practicing for it all week and it's been loud so the real thing's going to break eardrums. I might be back in time to catch the tail end, but there are so many festivals in the area that I'm sure I can go to the next one. I'll try to get some pictures of the decorations, if nothing else.

Reading Huck Finn. Lotsa slang. Pretty enjoyable apart from the racism >.< Poor Jim! Don't spoil the end for me, please!!!

Oh, I joined another book group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/British_Classics/
but my membership is pending O.O Let's all start a book club when I get back, okay?!

I told Marc about this clip, so I'm posting it for all to see. Basically, just watch the first 1:20- the rest is fluff if you don't watch the whole episode, and randomly skips to later in the episode with a decent cut that makes it actually look in place- sigh! Anyway, Andrew is spoofing Masterpiece Theatre. Listen to how he says "vampire"- it made me laugh EVERY time (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I mean... Buffy: Slayer of the Vamp-ires):

No comments: