Saturday, October 25, 2008

Speeches

I like them, btw. Anyway, I'm posting them here more for me than for you. From now on, posts with an asterisk by them are the description of the day, everything else is something random. O.O I think you should like random, because I do. Anyways... I'll post them as I remember them. Pooh on you, if I only came up with two. To begin with... that rhymed.

HAWKEYE [after losing his sight, temporarily as it turned out]
One part of the world closed down for me, but another part opened up. Sure, I’ve been seeing myself sitting on a corner with a tin cup selling thermometers. But things are happening that take me away from that. This morning I spent two incredible hours listening to a rainstorm. I didn’t just hear it, I was part of it. I’ll bet you never realized that the sound of rain hitting the ground makes the same noise as steaks when they barbeque, or that thunder seems to echo forever. And you can’t believe how funny it is to hear someone slip and fall in the mud. Had to be Burns. Beej, it’s full of trapdoors, but I think I’m using this thing to my advantage. I’ve never spent a more conscious day in my life.
-MASH

Xander - Potential [after Dawn finds out she's not going to be a slayer, er or isn't a Potential Slayer]
I saw what you did last night. You thought you were all special. Miss Sunnydale 2003. And the minute you found out you weren't, you handed the crown to Amanda without a moment's pause. You gave her your power. They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary.
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Xander delivered that speech, I totally cried.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

I cried too. The Hawkeye one did me a wowsa as well. TV writing just doesn't get as much credit as it deserves. Yeah, I think when Xander said "Extraordinary" I sobbed >.< It was such a meaningful speech.

Anonymous said...

dude I cried after that speech of Xander's! It was amazing the way he delivered it... actually, I cried quite a bit during that show... when angel is sent to hell, a couple times when buffy cried, when spike cried, when willow walked in on oz and that one chick, when oz left.... Oh man I sound like a total sap. This show made me cry more than anything else...besides Pay It Forward, but that's totally different

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

Yeah, Pay it Forward killed my heart >.< I don't think I could handle seeing it again. Blub..