Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shinjuku, Festival, and I Have a Big Test Tomorrow

The title says it all?

I met Mary and we went around Shinjuku today, doing some shopping. I got a baby gift for Kaleena- suuuuper cute. Also, got some books and a crossword book (because it's a lot harder to find the Times here than guidebooks and David Sedaris led me to believe). I got a copy of Huck Finn and the last Harry Potter in British-ese for Amanda (yay! Now I just need to get to the post office and get a box...). Also, a train guide! So now I'm armed and ready to... travel. Also went to a tea shop and got some tea and sugar for mom! I also got a less pretty version of the tea for myself and I really don't like it (ew) but mom will (I know you will, because it's an English Breakfast disgusting tea and that's what you like with your evil tongue).

Um, not much surprise for gifts there >.< I have been getting mementos all along, btw, I'm just only telling you these because I figure um... they're small? I don't know. Just ignore me- I'm still all messed up from that disgusting tea. Ew.

I also saw Yoshiki's clear piano:



Which isn't as awesome as it might have been, given that nobody really knows who he is back home T.T But it's a bit deal for me- so try to act excited when I rant about it after my return, okay? Honestly, he's AMAZING (and ugly >.<) and I love his clear piano. Is "translucent" prettier? "Opaque"? I'm not very poetic today...

I also saw a man painted white and doing a very bad imitation of the robot:



We're not sure what his point was, since there was nowhere to put money or anything. Is it just random art? And why was his robot so bad? He looked very well greased, for a robot. I did not intend for that to sound dirty O.o

There was also a festival by the apartment today. It was tiny. I passed it. There was one portable shrine and maybe twenty people carrying it. I got it in on video (unedited and very long) while walking from the train station home. Um, the video's really boring and has no commentary, unless you count me talking to a Japanese man at the end because he was interested in the girl with the video camera. I'll link the video below once it's online (and edited to meet Youtube guidelines).

No comments: