Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Gift of Nothing!

I tried to find this book online, and I probably could if I'd spent more than 3 1/2 minutes, but I did find this video intro:




Anyway, if you didn't know, Mutts is pretty much my favorite comic. I also really liked the early Red and Rover (I think it's not as good nowadays as it used to be, sigh). So, I went to the official site, and apparently you can get it sent to your e-mail every day. So, I don't have to go without it. So, yay! It is the cutest comic strip ev-uh! (Ok, there might be cuter. You may have me there... )

OK, so the ones featuring the Little Pink Sock tend to be my favorite. I shall, below, post a few:



Or one... I couldn't find that many others, and this was the only one I liked well enough to share with you. <3

Anyway, the role play test today went HORRIBLY. TERRIBLY. I cannot exaggerate enough! Well, maybe a little too much. What else would I do with this excess dramatic energy? My partner didn't study, like, at all. And she was sick to boot. I almost feel sorry for her being sick, except that she didn't study, even when they gave us time to practice, she just went and talked with her friend. That was two sentences miraculous merged into one incoherent one. So, when we got up to perform, OBVIOUSLY she forgot her lines. I had mine down, durn it, AND hers. So I whispered hers to her, but I'm sure they could tell >.< Anyway, I am sick of having lame-o partners. And I'm not going to be even a tinge nice about it. Grrrr.. (eyes ablaze).

That aside... I finally got up the nerve to look at the sugar content in the amazingly tasty peach juice they have around here and alas! No more peach juice for me! I knew it would come to that if I looked, so I didn't (by "look," I mean "translate"). So now it's iced tea (which tastes nasty, btw) that has zero cals (and zero sugars, and zero happiness) but also has some sort of magical weight loss property.

Speaking of magic, I think the store I got the jewelry at was a jewelry/magic shop because all the things I got list their properties, spiritually and such. Maybe that's why the old lady was following me and yelling at me on the street? Maybe I didn't tell you about that episode at all? It just randomly didn't bother me, which is weird, because I'm easily aroused (to... anger... d'oh) so I didn't mention it. The earrings are rose quartz, which acc. to Chriselle has healing properties. Sweet. I should rub them on my poor toesies.

Things are heating up in P+P. Whoa, scandal! For reals. But no Mr. Darcy diving in to the lake/pond and getting all wet and sexy. Probably because Austen didn't have Colin Firth as her muse. Though, I think Kaleena said that there was some mini line to the effect that he at some point swam somewhere, so I'll just have to use my fancy to conjure up Colin Firth. Or...



And there we have it.

Loves!

3 comments:

eladee said...

Ah yes, the man himself...Don't you just love Colin Firth?? Thanks for making my afternoon perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just the best part of that movie. Actually, I really like the woman who plays Elizabeth. But Colin Firth stripping down to scivvies and swimming? Yah, hotness.

I wish I had his JACKET.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

Yeah, I had trouble believing that Jane was supposed to be this incredible beauty when comparing her to the actress playing Elizabeth. Epitome of HOTNESS. She's so lovely and has GUMPTION.