Monday, October 13, 2008

So Many Tests! Gah!

So, I have another test tomorrow. This one's going to be a kanji test (ex: 歌、水曜日、外国人). Those are the worst ones for me (le sob) so I'll need to study for a while (luckily, it's not even 8:30- phew!). I'm hoping to be done studying by 9:30 so that I can read more Huckleberry Finn. I picked up Pride and Prejudice at the library today because I forgot Huck at home and studying on the train (it was a holiday today, so almost everyone had the day off. Not me T.T) is BORING, and got HOOKED.

I've never got sucked into Austen before. It's very strange. I listened to Northanger Abbey on audiotape because it met my length guidelines for what I can listen to in the car (I think it has to be under ten hours, but I don't remember O.O which is unfortunate, since I came up with them). That one was pretty hook-y except I got really irritated with Mr. Whats-his-face for getting in between Mr. Whats-his-other-face and Whatsername. I'm terrible with names...

I think I'm a little over halfway through Huck Finn, so I should be to P+P soon (like D+D only less RPGy). CRII, one of the online reading groups I belong to, is reading Turn of the Screw this month, which I've already read (and already told you???) and hated (so do they), and the British Classics group I just joined is reading Utopia, which I might beg off from reading on the excuse that I joined more than 1/3 into the month. I'd rather get an early start on November, since I'll be Nanowrimoing in the evenings and need as much time as possible for that. Also, I'm hoping to finish Angel, season four by the end of this month (If you are reading this Leslie, and feel deeply about the chronology of episode-watching, I apologize, for I did finish Buffy season seven prior to finishing Angel season four O.O this season's just not that great... >.< I just want to mute it and enjoy David Boreanez's sexiness).

What else? How can Liz write such long entries, anyway? I'm almost out!

I read a Noh drama (very short) for Intro to Performing Arts and some Buddhistic Karmic Retribution stories in Japanese Lit. Um, neither was that thrilling >.< I didn't even get one of the karmic retribution stories (so confusing). This thief is about looking for something to steal and these gentleman approach so he goes to hide in a tower. Inside the tower, he finds a woman's dead body and an old lady picking her hairs off her head. The man asks her what she's doing, and she claims that they couldn't afford a burial for her mistress so she's picking the hairs off to sell for a wig, so that the body can be buried. The thief hits her, steals her clothing and that of the lady (as well as her hair) and runs off. How is this karmic retribution?!?!?!

On Wednesday, I'm going to go to the post office in Warabi and pick up my ATM card for my Japanese Citibank account, and then I will be RICH bwahhahah. Um... I mean, I'll have my scholarship money. I'm thinking of getting tickets to see this kabuki performance in English. I'm also going to Asakusa this weekend with Kayoko, so we might see Kabuki then. I just can't figure out if I should capitalize the k in kabuki or not. The spellcheck is happy, either way. Hm... Also, this Saturday I can get into the Tokyo National Museum for FREE as a "foreign student" this Saturday, so I want to try to go there, if I can.

I know I can make this longer if I really try!!!

The restaurant I "always" eat lunch at was closed today (thus "always" goes in quotes) so I ate in the cafeteria. They have these potato "ham"burgers at the cafeteria that are pretty tasty (tiny...) so I got one of those and some water. Then I sat for two and a half hours and got all my homework (Sans Japanese, which we don't get ahead) done for the week. But, alas, I still have a heckuvalotta tests. But maybe I can finish the book (obviously I'm obsessed with finishing books. Don't judge me. I'm a numbers gal. I want to read one million books before I die O.O not really.)

I didn't get a handstrap coming back on the second train, so I had to just try not to fall over, relying on my own balance. Apparently, I have none, but I didn't fall on anyone- yay! I just kinda semi-toppled/sashayed without murdering anyone with my feet. I hear that balancing works a lot of otherwise unworked muscles, so be prepared for my random invisible muscles going bulky. My feet kinda hurt (and stunk- ew- I'm showered now though).

I bought a dessert at the place in the station. Um, it's kinda big, so I'll eat a little all week.

I can't write anymore! I think I'm going to bore you into pieces and then I'll have to puzzle you back together and I don't know if you'll be like a crossword or a Humpty Dumpty and that is a dangerous game, my friend. Thus, adieu!

No comments: