Friday, October 24, 2008

I am the Eggman-No, I take it back! I am the Walrus!

Coo Coo Kachoo?

Sorry, it seemed really funny in my head, but apparently isn't at all. What am I going to do about that? I think it may be because I was assigned to Mr. Albee and his insane (I haven't read it yet, just a summary, so this is basically me being judgmental without provocation) "The Goat." Seems to be about a man who falls in love with a goat, and worships it. Um, I guess it's kinda a spoof of Greek tragedy. Except, I don't think Sophocles lived quite long enough to see Albee mock him. And there you have it.

Before I forget, I finally thought of something that must be as difficult for Japanese people to learn, in English, as the durned counters are for us Japanese language learners (that was possibly the most awkward sentence ever... no, not really. I don't even have that- sigh!). So, ordinals (if that's what they're called, I'm just throwing this term out there). Like 6th, 7th, 8th, the ths, but then it is so inconsistent:

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11-19th
20th
21ST
22nd
23rd
etc.

That must be a pain in the patootey to learn. Among other things, like silent letters and diphthongs. And other stuff. Which was kinda already covered by the "other things" comment.

I finished Pride and Prejudice. Whoa! Probably everyone knows the story, but I shan't ruin it (no, not even if you threaten me with lollipop rain. Ow. And yet... yum). Now, I am on to "Surely You're Joking, Dr. Feynman"- yay! Um, it's more "yay" because of Alan Alda's whole connection with the play QED about Feynman, based on this book in part, than excitement about the book itself O.O I should've packed the Alda autobios. They are great. I love him. Why, for the love of strawberries, cannot one find someone much like Alan Alda in the "real world". I don't mean MTV. Get your head out of the waves. Anyway, I've actually met Mr. Alda, which you probably know, because I've most likely told/bragged to you at least 39482 times. He is even more attractive in person (as a person). Even though he is probably at least 3 times my age. Oh my goodness, more. Nearly four times. Just goes to show how youthful I am. Practically glowing, don't you know?

That may have been a run-on paragraph.

Today was, in actuality, an awful day. I confess, as a result, I allowed myself a peach juice (the ones I think I told you yesterday-ish that I am banning from my bladder), and the sugar content has gone to my head (soon to go to bladder as well, in violation of my moratorium O.O that the right word, even?). Thus, I'm much hypier than I am happy. Don't be deceived, gentle reader!!!

I think perhaps there was a tropical storm today. Or rather, not tropical, as I'm not in the tropics, but a terrible storm! Let's see if we made the news.... Oh, apparently they do call it a tropical storm. Anyway, as I've not given you a link, it has not made news. But it was insane- as though God were peeing on us and he REALLY had to go. That was a bit vulgar. I got soaked. Ew....

Oh, and "Tokyo Storm" in a search engine gets you a comic series and an Elvis Costello song, but not Tokyo's weather, so you needn't bother! Unless... you like comic books and Elvis Costello? I'm not opposed to the idea...

Did terribly on my Japanese test yesterday. I studied for nearly ever. For-nearly-ever? Nearly forever. At any rate, I'm not going to think about it right now. It pains me. Swoon, in a bad way. Thank goodness I'm seated.

Oh, the crux of my terrible day came with this blankety blank blanker (censored?) who dropped something, written all over with kanji that I could not interpret. As I did not know what it was, I chased him, repeating "excuse me," "please wait," "you dropped something," etc. whilst following. I tapped him on the shoulder twice. I spoke to his companion. They did not turn, but ignored me. The paper turned out to be a coupon for a cheap drink at a nearby bar. I asked a girl in my drama class. Nonetheless, blanker might've stopped and told me that. It was blanking rude of him. He can go to blank for all I blanking care. I'm sorry, but false cursing just doesn't relieve the pent up RAGE! Grar!

Well, I was about to write that Lazarus aka Hector (It makes me feel powerful and godlike to be able to change his name at the drop of a hat) is missing again, 'cept he showed up in the nick of time (with his red curls flying? Wow, that reference is just obscure, honestly.)

Here is the poem I referenced, because I really like it:

Magnificat
(for Sian, after thirteen years)

oh this man
what a meal he made of me
how he chewed and gobbled and sucked
in the end he spat me all out

you arrived on the dot, in the nick
of time, with your red curls flying
I was about to slip down the sink like grease
I nearly collapsed, I almost
wiped myself out like a stain
I called for you, and you came, you voyaged
fierce as a small archangel with swords and breasts...

you commanded me to sing of my redemption

oh, my friend, how
you were mother for me, and how
I could let myself lean on you
comfortable as an old cloth
familiar as enamel saucepans
I was a child again, pyjama'ed
in winceyette, my hair plaited and you

listened, you soothed me like cake and milk...

when we met, I tell you
it was a birthday party, a funeral
it was a holy communion
between women, a Visitation
it was two old she-goats butting
and nuzzling each other in the smelly fold

Michele Roberts


Here is a picture of my niece:



Obviously her blurry but distinguished fair looks derive from my side of the family. Or, Kaleena's side, to which I belong. Wouldn't it be funny if she ended up with red hair, or something fun like that, because of a sleeping gene, or whatever you call it? Or not a gene, but whatever. You know what I mean. I have green eyes and neither of my parents do. That sort of thing. Maybe she'll have green eyes like me! I'm soooo excited. There are babies all over and I just want to kiss them and play with them, but I can't, because I'd get arrested. I can peek-a-boo with them (why does everything I type sound erotic T.T). (Why do I think everything I type sounds erotic O.O)?

Nanowrimo is coming up ... so ... soon. (And with that, I've hit my "..." quota for the day). I have an outline. I might post it. Maybe not. I feel like Hemingway. Not because of the book. Rather, the fragments. Oh, a comma. Ooh, two! Ooh, three! Gah!

Loves to you all!

Edit: So, the picture obviously didn't work. I don't know why, but here is the link to the Photobucket place I set it online at (because Blogger wasn't behaving). Link to see the full:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mandycandyland/?action=view¤t=AmeliaMarisaSmith.jpg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel show everybody Rachel's ultra-sound (when she's pregnant with Emma).

[Ross hands the picture to Chandler.]

CHANDLER: Oh, Ross, she's got your wavy black lines.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

I remember that episode! It's great watching shows you love again. I just watched my favorite Fresh Prince episode, and laughed SO HARD. The one where baby Nicky is born >.<

Phil: "Here, Vivian, let me help you." (or sth).
Will: "Haven't you done enough?!" referencing getting her pregnant >.<