Thursday, October 9, 2008

Having Friends is Nice, Deciphering Their E-mails Isn't

Thus, witness my mad translating skills. Okay, so here's what she sent me (on cell phone, gah! I take so long to reply because I can't read the durned kanji!!!) (this one's from Mari):

そうなんですか!!
元気です(*・ω・)ノ
あなたも元気ですか!?
宿題は、終わりましたか!?

Okay, so just because I figured out how to type in Japanese on my cell phone doesn't mean I magically know kanji T.T So, let's try to translate it, ok? Are you cracking it now? Figuring it out for me? No? Blub.

Here I go, translating it myself, since you're all playing the lazy game:

Is that so?
I'm good (healthy)
Are you good too?
Did you finish your homework?

Oh, actually that's pretty easy... >.< But it's a lot! Ok?! You will just have to take my Honest Abe word for it.

I'm so tired! Just traveling to and from school is exhausting, never mind the homework! Phew. I've been playing the piano on campus in the mornings (did I already tell you I joined piano club? Basically, my membership consists of me being able to use the pianos and avoiding people trying to get me to play at concerts O.O), so it's squirrely early uppings for me.

I need to take a picture of the place I eat lunch at... It's all fake French and tasty. Small portions, great juice. I had fresh strawberry juice today. Yum!

So, y'all should join Reading Social (whoa... I feel like someone's secretly paying me to do this) so we can see what we're reading alike/disparate. I'm not even trying to use words correctly at this point, btw, so you'll just have to bear with my pop cultury language, misuse of randomly GRE-ish words, and serial murderessness toward grammar (the pen is mightier than the sword? ha...). Anyway, my page is here:

http://readers.livingsocial.com/people/32404300/

You can see what I'm reading/have read/want to read. Then you can be my literary stalker (literary, NOT LITERAL. Stay away, you pesks... just kidding just kidding! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Here, have an e-lollipop!)

Oh, and sign up/do Nanowrimo while you're at it:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user%252F208481 (that's my page, you'll have to navigate to find your way to singing in, gentle sailors. Don't be e-pirates!)

Then, you can join my online reading group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crgII/

And we'll be literary pals. Yay! If you are literary stalking, btw, go get your Twain on with the Huck Finn. Just remember he's an ass (don't believe his good natured writing... um... except he uses the n word so you know he spoke similarly of other groups. He basically wanted all the Chinese kicked out of the U.S. AND he almost got Picard, Data, etc. in trouble on Star Trek. What a literary pain in the patootey.)



Love!

Edit: I wasn't drunk or hyper or anything. It's just the sleepiness talking- whoa the side effects, Bessie.

No comments: