Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am a Roller Coaster Today*

I should've written this an hour ago, on one of the ups. Now it's coming back down. I was in a terrible mood this morning; didn't sleep much last night. Anyway, apparently sleepiness gives me gumption/bitchiness, so I basically nearly took my Japanese partner's head off. He rather deserved it, I think, being the mook that he was. I really hope that mook isn't secretly derogatory, though my spell check says it's not even a word. In any event, language buddy fellow thing kept trying to tell me that I was wrong. Not sure why he felt this was the way to act- kept correcting me about dumb things. Like that a certain verb tense couldn't be used in the first person. That doesn't even make sense! And he got angry when I disagreed. I'm a very light disagreer usually, but I was peevish today, so I was a bit stronger. Anyway, it got pretty tense for a while. I think he must've been in a bad mood too.

Had lunch with Kayoko today. Kind of spur of the moment, but it was very nice. We spoke in Japanese the entire time. I only needed to look up a word once. Couldn't well describe setting up the festival this weekend without some support from my friends at Oxford. Not that I'm going to. I was saying that I'm not going to help. Like I said, I'm a bit bitchy/gumptiony today, and I don't feel like helping. I'm sick and tired and I'm sleeping in tomorrow. T'ain't nothin' they can do about it.

Mid-term-ish test in Japanese Lit. It went a lot better than I thought it would. Basically, if you came to class and did the readings, it went smoothly. If I don't get an A, the teacher's on crack. And if he's on crack, I can totally get any bad grade he gives me wiped off my transcript. I just need to somehow secretly get a urine sample and send it to the lab. What lab? I don't have a lab, durn. I need an evil lair, complete with lab. Anyone willing to be my minion? Or crony? Henchman? Sidekick? You know you want to be the tiny mutanty spider to my Spider Man.

I got ice cream from a vending machine and it was crazy good. And cheap. And from a VENDING MACHINE. Whoa. Perfect size and tasty clamasty. Gah, but I ran into the creepyish guy who asked me "out" (more like "down"... use your dirty skills to make that euphemism more interpretable), so I had to eat on the run, because I said I was in a hurry. Anyway, men are creepy. Seriously. Sometimes. Well, not all! Whatever, I'm sexist. Deal with it. O.o

I'm sick, btw. I mentioned it a few paragraphs ago, but it's for reals. I'm all "have a cold and nose running and throat hurts and coughing and sneezing"-y. Think I'm going to pass out. Which, in this sense, will be very much like sleeping. How did I get sick, anyway? Was it being jammed in six different tight, fast-moving environments a day for six weeks? Couldn't be! Or maybe my influed language partner (other, not the one who peeved me today)? Never! Or the million library books I touched whilest finding "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"? Shan't be, shan't! That's not even the correct tense.

I got mail today, in a non-Aohell way. I got a letter from Becca, who doesn't read this blog, I think. Maybe she does O.O Thanks for the letter, if you read this! Like, an actual letter. Not just a postcard or anything. It was very nice. I need to send out letter/postcards/one package next week. Oh the mail piles up and I still don't go to the post office. I am a lazy maroon. Maroon's a color...

Also, I got a mini-package from my mommy with a t-shirt and foodstuffs and some books and a Chihuly postcard in it. Oh, and "page clips", which I think are like mini-bookmarks. There's a how-to pic that I'll have to examine. They are too intense for me to figure out without serious support. Maybe they give a number for a helpline... Why are they monkeys? Is this some kind of thinly veiled insult? Hrml...

I think my Japanese teacher for second period (we have two periods that compose the 3 hour block) forgot to give us homework. We also get homework from both and generally a lot the second period, but he didn't give us any. Wahahahha! But he's really really really good looking and nice and funny (and unmarried, not that I looked) and I'd feel bad if he felt bad. So I hope they just decided not to give us any homework. Seriously though, he has Richard Geere's body but he's probably in his early thirties. Rawr. Sorry if you're closely related to me and that comment made you all shivery. Whatever, you're used to that feeling. Probably feels like a gentle massage about now.

Lame entry. Seriously, I am just not writing very prettily/interestingly today. I shall break my fingers in protest! Did I say that yesterday? I still haven't done it. I need my fingers. "My digits!" Ha, if you know what I'm referring to, I love you forever. But none of you do. Probably. Do you?

?

Loves!

P.S. Do you like the reformatting of the blog? Isn't it pretty? It raises the dead! (I'm such a nerd. Honestly, I need to like... take pills or something. Maybe commit myself... to the war on drugs. What?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got ice cream from a vending machine? There are vending machines that even HAVE ice cream? Well, I guess that makes sense. At hospitals, there are vending machines that have pre-made sandwiches.

I hope the dairy wasn't hard on your tummy.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

It totally made me stomach stick, but it was SO good. It's like, insane. And I found this stretch of street by the train station that seemed a lot like home. Or like Serial Experiments Lain. But close enough...