Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Went Out for Sushi, but Didn't do Much Else

Edit: This so counts as a Saturday entry. I haven't slept, so the day change doesn't count! I'm still the awesomest blog updater since Shakespeare (wait...). Though, I did post an amazing The Coral song, so, really, You Are Welcome, my lucky, adoring fans! (No more coffee for me)

I should just stop trying to put the caps in the correct places when I title these. It takes forever and I'm never grammatically/etc. correct in these things anyway. And I don't think you care (do you? Now I'm starting to feel a little self-conscious!)

Anyway, I added to the August blog "I am a Connoisseur of Dedications." Some of the dedications I found are pretty exciting. If you haven't read this entry, then please note that I want you to send me interesting book dedications when you come across them (Leslie, missy, I know that you read a lot too, so I'm expecting some good ones on your end!)

I watched the last episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer today. Um. That was most of my day >.< And it didn't really feel like the end, since there's still another season of Angel. Someone got bifurcated tough! Whoa, random use of a GRE word.

I went to dinner with a girl named Kayoko who I met in Intro to Performing Arts. I think I talked about her before. Anyway, we met in Harajuku and went to sushi, then coffee. Oh, I ate sooo much though. I think rice fills a body up rather quickly! I took some pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2047159&l=07a06&id=32404300

We spoke about half in English, half in Japanese. Neither of us is that great with each other's language, so it was some work, but at least we all learned some. She's taking an English-language lit class- brave! In the class, they're going to read Frankenstein and Huckleberry Finn. I think those are pretty hard, even if you do understand English! Huck Finn uses a lot of derogatory language with regard to black Americans, plus American slang terms, and Frankenstein is crazy philosophical! Plus. Twain's an anti-sinoist! Oh, I guess that's not a real word. Whatever, he hates the Chinese! Or, did, anyway. 'Til he died. Awkward...

Oh, the photo album also has some random pics, like the train station. The Train stations and trains are usually a lot busier, so don't be fooled (I know you shan't be, gentle readers). I need to figure out what time of day I was traveling to have gotten on such spacious trains!!!

Anyway, I'm still trying to finish Beloved! I found Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!, which I might have written about already, and I am itching to read it (I kinda cheated). Feynman's the hero of my hero, so I think through some sort of nerdy lineage system, I'm required to know more about him. Then, I can read QED and connect with Mr. Alda some more- le sigh! He is still so dreamy, despite being older than my grandpa O.O

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I often find myself thinking quite similar thoughts about David Bowie. What a strange fascination, indeed. It's like a car wreck too beautiful and intriguing to look away from. Of course, he's married to a supermodel who is younger than him by a decade, so obviously I'm not the only one so afflicted.