Friday, October 31, 2008

*Gah! I Have a Fever- for Honest*

I bought some stuff for my ickiness today, including a thermometer, and apparently I DO have a fever. It is not just in my head. Well, it is, 'cause that's where I took the temperature, but um, it must be elsewhere in my body as well, since other people, who are not me, go to areas to get the temperature, and I ain't talkin' armpits.

So I got medicine. I asked the lady at the counter to make sure I read it correctly, and it appears to be cold medicine and throat relief drops. Hoorah for getting the correct thing. And I picked up groceries to keep me fed through the weekend, if need be. And candy. 'Cause it's Halloween, durn it, and it's only comin' back up anyway O.o to paint you a pretty picture.

The lady at the 7-Eleven was really nice. Like, exceptionally nice. She kinda made my otherwise mostly sleep-filled, feverish day. She went through all the active ingredients in the medicines and told me what they would do and told me to please get better soon. It was really sweet, since she could've been mad that I was stocking up on groceries at a CONVENIENCE STORE. It made a small line and they HATE lines. The staff, I mean. They go fast to avoid them. So, it was really nice of her to be so patient.

I didn't really do much today. Five hours to Nanowrimo. So, if I am sick, I can write feverish first chapters tomorrow. Or maybe go to a Tokyo-area meetup. Not sure if I want to though. Oh, and I'd probably get them sick and they'd hate me. Forgot I was sick. How does that even happen? It's like, those rare days when I just forget to eat. Does that happen to anyone else? Mid-way through the evening your like, "what is that pain in my stomach?" and suddenly realize- oops!

Okay, I'm really not a snot. Despite how I talk about the other exchange students, they really do tend to be a-holes. Most people, when I say "hi" or whatnot, do not even respond. There was a guy with an awesome Joker costume/makeup, and I complimented him, and he just rolled his eyes and walked on. What a blanker. Seriously, there are lines of family members tracing back to the Arc that are shaking their heads going, "that thing came from ME?"

And yes, I do kiss my mother with this mouth. But Marc makes me eat soap first. As you may recall from your Christmas Story viewings/readings, it's all ok, save Lifebouy.

A new girl moved in next door. Japanese student, I think. I was really feverish when I ran into her, so I hope I was polite. I feel bad because it was probably a bad first impression. I know I said "nice to meet you" (though before we'd exchanged names @.@ I think hers is Maiko, which I think is the same term for a Geisha apprentice) and "welcome," so I'm probably generally good. Anyway, I thought about putting a "Welcome, let's be friends!" type note in her shoebox with some candy, but maybe they don't do that here and I'd seem like a stalker @.@ It is all confusing. I'll ask Kayoko, probably.

FYI, for those who read the blog I wrote when I was really feverish, that is what my mind really looks like. Alas, you've witnessed my actual stream of consciousness. I am so ADD, it's insane. Or so insane, it's ADD? What? I think that might be offensive, actually, so I take it back.

Someone cut in front of me in line yesterday, by the by, and it still peeves me off. What the hey-ho? Is this elementary school? "What do scissors do?" "Cut?" "BWAHAHAH". Like that, only without dialogue.

OK, I'm going to watch an episode of Angel now. Nearly done with the whole show. Then, I think I'll watch ReBoot again. Because I don't really much need to pay attention to that one, since I've seen it eight trillion and two times plus one to the infinity-th power. I have wicked math skills.

I'll let you know how the medicines work. Loves!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I hope you know that I intend to read every single entry and comment on it.)

That WAS very sweet of the convenience story lady. And don't worry--I've totally gone grocery shopping in an EZ Mart, AM/PM, or 7/11. Just another perk of being a college graduate with no money.

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

Yeah, I actually compared prices with the grocery store here, and it's none cheaper to go to the actual grocery store. Actually, cup o' noodles are cheaper at the 7/11, they actually BAG your groceries for you (nasty surprise at the supermarket), AND they have an ATM.

There's also the Kyu-Kyu (99 yen convenience store), but they seem to get more irritated if you buy a lot >.<

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

Oh, I hope you know, I'm trying to respond to all the comments @.@ but I might miss some!